Thursday, October 23, 2008

Book Tagged

I've been booked tagged by Danielle at Life With the Hewitt Family. Check out her blog, she's got the cutest little family!

Here are the rules:  Grab the book closest to you, turn to page 56, start with the 5th sentence and post 2-5 paragraphs. 

After an extra-soapy preliminary shower, I ease myself into the hundred-and-twenty degree jacuzzi, wallowing up to my ears. I bring the book Wicked with me as it's already mis-shapen from too many spills into the bath. The jacuzzi is huge and I'm able to float in the very center, spreading my arms wide, without touching the sides. I look like the Vitruvian Man - if he were wearing a pink and black Mircalesuit that is. As bubbles begin to buffer me against the sides, I feel clean down to my soul.

Since I'm here, I may as well give my pores a treat, so I leave the tub and enter the sauna. I grab a cold drink and lay down my towel before ladling water over the hot rocks. The stones hiss ad pop and the room practically reverberates with heat. I take a washcloth filled with icy water and wipe all the toxins off my face. I squeeze it over my shoulders and the water evaporates before it even hits the wooden bench.

The irony here is that I hit the cold-water-plunge shower between service, and it's the exact same temperature as the water I'm paying $20 to avoid at home. 

This is an exert from the Jen Lancaster book, Bright Lights Big Ass. It's a really funny follow-up to her best-seller, Bitter is the New Black. I haven't read most of it, but so far it's pretty funny. This little tag didn't do it justice. Pick it up!

Now, for my five people to tag I've picked a few of my favorites.  Go check out their blogs!






XOXO,


1 comment:

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

I always love to hear of good books to read...I will put these on my list. Thanks for sharing!



The Rest Is Still Unwritten

My photo
Freelance Writer. Online Boutique Owner. Mommy of a boy and a girl. Always stir crazy. A schedule hater and free time lover.

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Amy Teets Designs



Little Girls Dresses from Shabby Apple
Dresses from Shabby Apple
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved